ARS 28-1444. Reimbursement of incarceration costs
-Upon conviction, the court shall order the person to pay for all or part of the cost of incarceration. This is calculated on a per day basis and ranges significantly depending on the sentence. The court can waive part or all of the jail costs depending on the individuals ability to pay.
A. The court shall order a person who is sentenced to a term of incarceration for a violation of this chapter to reimburse the political subdivision that is responsible for the costs of the person’s incarceration for those incarceration costs.
B. The court may determine the amount of incarceration costs to be paid based on the following factors:
1. The per diem per person cost of incarceration incurred by the political subdivision that incarcerates the person.
2. The person’s ability to pay part or all of the incarceration costs.
Search AZ DUI Help
Free DUI Case Evaluation
DUI in Arizona
Tests / Studies
- How DUI Conviction Affect Your Employment in Arizona?
- Field Sobriety Tests: Breath & Blood Test
- Common DUI Penalties in Arizona
- Car Insurance Language: Why are Policy Terms so Confusing?
- Blood, Breath or Urine Test Refusal Cases
- Possible Penalties for Extreme DUI and Super Extreme DUI
- Refusing DUI Breath Test: Cases
- DUI: Blood and Urine Cases
- Legal Update on DUI, DWI, Extreme DUI
- DUI Pharmaceuticals
- Legal revise on DUI, DWI, Extreme DUI
- Possible Punishments for DUI/DWI